At XpandRealty.com, we hold three cardinal principles in high regard:
- We value the privacy of your personal information and take steps to safeguard it.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We share your personal information only under very limited circumstances described in greater detail in the document below.
XpandRealty.com wants you to be fully informed and protected. Please read this document carefully for a more detailed description of policies related to our handling of private information belonging to customers, financial professionals, and other users of our website.
How We Protect Your Privacy
All users are assured a high level of privacy protection when visiting or accessing our website. At XpandRealty.com, we understand that the security of your account information and any information that personally identifies you is important. In particular, it is our policy not to sell information about you or your accounts to outside marketing firms.
As far as practicable, XpandRealty.com ensures that unauthorized people cannot access secure data through our website or servers. Our staff members follow confidentiality policies that are designed to protect your personal privacy.
- We promote information privacy principles and fair information practices.
- We do not gather highly sensitive information (such as race, sexual preferences or religious beliefs) about any person. We do not disclose identifiers that any government agency has assigned to a person (such as a Tax File Number) for any purpose, other than in compliance with government law.
- We do not collect, store, use or disclose personal or domestic credit information about individuals, except in compliance with the credit reporting provisions of the Privacy Act.
- We do not sell or lease personal customer information to anyone.
- We do not disclose personal information (such as your name or postal address) to any third party not defined in this document unless we determine, in good faith, that the law requires it to collect or report debts, in consideration of our property or rights, or in compliance with other regulatory responses. In such cases where disclosure is necessary to cooperate with regulatory or law enforcement authorities, we have permission to report personal information.
- We use personal customer information in ways that are consistent with the purposes for which we originally requested.
- We limit the collection and use of your personal information to what is necessary to administer our business and to deliver superior service to you.
- We may disclose your personal information – on a confidential basis – to external service providers for the purposes of our business operations. Under certain circumstances, we share information with outside vendors who provide services to us such as the mailing of statements and proxy solicitations. In those cases, the firms with which we do business enter into confidentiality agreements with us, and the information we provide to them is limited to only that which is necessary to process transactions and perform other services related to your account. We may also share information with affiliated companies that service your account or provide you with information about other products or services we offer.
Our servers utilize “cookies” stored on your computer to handle member logins and to permit authorized users access to several web servers without re-authenticating. Our servers also use “cookies” to maintain user preferences and to help protect the security of confidential data. Your privacy and security are not compromised when you accept a “cookie” from our website. Unique information is stored to verify the user’s identity for future access to particular features or functionality of the site. For some of these features, we will also retain data that you enter, so that you do not need to re-key the information when you return to the site and attempt to re-use that feature. If you opt to restrict the placement of “cookies” through your browser or any other means, you may be restricted in access to certain parts of this website.
In an ongoing effort to monitor usage trends and improve our website, we may opt to collect data such as IP address, domain name, access times, and other technical data. Computer IP addresses are generally linked to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and may be shared with other unique identifiers of the user. This generally available information could be construed as a type of personal information. This information will be used primarily as a research tool to improve the site’s functionality and usefulness. However, at our sole discretion, we reserve the right to utilize this information to investigate users whom we suspect to be acting in violation of this Agreement and/or the Terms and Conditions of our website. This information is intended for internal use only. The release of such data will only occur when authorized by the user or to the extent required by legal process, law, or regulation.
E-mail query forms on our website require you to supply your email address. We use this information to provide you with an accurate and prompt response. We strongly recommend avoiding the placement of your private information or anyone else’s private information within the contents of the email.
XpandRealty.com will use your email address – and the contents of any email messages you originate – for correspondence purposes only. Our only intent is to provide you with outstanding customer care and to meet our legal requirements concerning customer communications.
Advertisements and Third-Party Sites
Our website may contain links to sites and resources that are maintained by third parties, as well as features and tools that are provided by third parties. If you choose to use any such feature or visit any of these websites, please note that XpandRealty.com is not responsible for the privacy practices, content or availability of such sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not liable for any content, advertising, products, or other documents available from these third-party sites or resources. XpandRealty.com is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content or services available on these sites or resources.
What To Do If You Have Any Concerns